A collaboration with the City of Wheat Ridge for the official Tree lighting, this community focused event brings everyone together in the holiday season. Featuring photos with Santa and Ms. Claus, storefront decorating, crafts for the kids in the Grange, free hot cocoa and cookies, live reindeer, free horse drawn carriage rides, trackless train rides, food vendors, live holiday performances, carolers, candy cane necklace souvenirs, and holiday festivities.
Whiskey, Beers and Bonfire this Saturday the 18th at the Ridge at 38 business Right Coast Pizza!
Beers and Bonfire w/Oskar Blues
Join Ridge at 38 business Right Coast Pizza for a Pig Roast, Beer and Fire!!!! This is their last Beers and Bonfire of the Year. Help Right Coast celebrate the approaching end of winter with the Oskar Blues Tap Takeover.
Featuring the popular Colorado brewery Oskar Blues this event starts @6pm.
Join the Wheat Ridge Cultural Commission on Thursday Febuary 20th from 5:30pm-7:00pm for their popular Meet the Artist Series! This Month they are featuring Artist Melinda Stewart at our very own Ridge at 38 business Kataluma Chai Company!
See you all there!
MORE INFO BELOW:
Join Colorado Plus this Sunday the 12th for another enlightening edition of Poses & Pints with Shelly Blais…(Bring Your Own Mat)
Saturday, September 12, 2015
3:00pm to 8:30pm
“The Green” at 7101 W. 38th Avenue
This family-friendly event, previously known as Wheat Fest, takes a new spin on an old idea by focusing on the things that make Ridge at 38 such a unique district. Ridgefest is September 12, 2015 from 3:00pm to 9:30pm on “The Green” at 7101 W. 38th Avenue so mark your calendars now.
This festival showcases the local handmade appeal of both the Ridge at 38 district and the entire Wheat Ridge community through a cottage food contest (open to the public), local artisan vendors, food trucks, craft breweries, and a local “Homebrew Contest” sponsored by Brewery Rickoli. In addition to all that, this festival features International entertainment by the Folk Arts Council, field day games, art activities, free face painting for the kids and a Live Bluegrass Concert!
After an extremely successful inaugural year, the Ridge at 38 Criterium returns bigger and better for 2015. This event is a USA Cycling-Sanctioned race in the Rocky Mountain Road Cup race series.
In addition to racing, the event features a festive atmosphere and Community Fun Ride on Ridge at 38.
RIDGE AT 38 CRITERIUM DETAILS
- Sunday, June 7, 2015
- Planned Attendance: 400 racers, 1,000+ spectators
- Start/Finish & Festival at Wheat Ridge Cyclery on Ridge at 38
- Festive atmosphere:
- Elite and amateur races
- Live entertainment – prominent local bands
- Beer, Food, etc.
- Expo Area with top cycling companies
- Community Fun Ride
- Course – Fast, 6-corner, 1.15 mile course in the in the heart of downtown Wheat Ridge on 38th Avenue.
- Carolyn Doran, Event Director (720) 259-1030 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paul Balaguer, Technical Director (303) 883-5026 email@example.com
A fun, safe, Trick or Treat experience for kids and their families!
Saturday October 24th, 2015
4:00pm –6:00pm @ Stevens Elementary Parking Lot
Trunk or Treat is a fun and safe Halloween event for children, where volunteers decorate the trunks of their cars and children “trick or treat” at them.
Last year over 2,000 children came to this event, and this year we expect even more! This event has participation from firefighters, police officers, and local community to make it a safe, fun event for everyone! It will also feature a haunted house, “Trunk Decorating Contest”, games for the kids and a costume parade to kick off the festivities.
If you would like to help out at this great event, please consider bringing your “Trunk” to decorate and pass out candy during the event or donating candy ahead of time. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!
Join Right Coast Pizza this Saturday the 4th as Ska Brewing takes over. The failed New Year’s Resolutions Party, beer flows at 6pm.
9 Weeks of FITNESS in 2014: Each weekend from February 1st to March 29th
What: A 9-week physical activity program that will rotate between Yoga, Pilates, and Super Sculpt/Step Aerobics that will be hosted by Santosha Yoga, Elixir Pilates, and the Wheat Ridge Recreation Center.
Who: Anyone interested in joining a fun group of community members who are interested in improving their fitness level.
Included in Registration:
- 3 Yoga Classes at Santosha Yoga (a $45.00 value)
- 3 Mat Pilates Classes at Elixir Pilates (a $50.00 value)
- 3 Super Scult and Step Aerobics classes at the Wheat Ridge Recreation Center (a $20.00 value)
- Live Local Active water bottle (a $10.00 value)
- Live Local Active T-Shirt or Ridge at 38 T-Shirt (a $15.00 value)
Total Value $140.00
Registration cost for all of the above: ONLY $90.00
Prizes will be raffled off throughout the challenge for the participants who attend the most often.
Santosha Yoga- 5810 West 38th Avenue, Suite 11 (upstairs)
Time: Saturday – 9:00 – 10:15am
Dates: February 1, February 22, March 15
Elixir Pilates- 7047 West 38th Avenue
Time: Saturday – 11:45am – 12:45pm
Dates: February 15, March 1, March 29
Super Sculpt and Step Aerobics Classes – Wheat Ridge Recreation Center, 4005 Kipling Street
Time: Saturday – 9:00 – 10:00am
Dates: February 8, March 1, March 22
Can’t attend each session? That’s okay. You can come as often as you are able. Prizes will be reserved for “the regulars” but if you miss a Yoga or Pilates class you can use the punch card for other sessions after the Winter Fitness Challenge is complete.
Description of Classes
Santosha Yoga- Hatha Flow
This form of Hatha yoga integrates the Iyengar method in a series of breath-initiated poses with emphasis on proper body alignment. Hatha Flow allows students to hold poses long enough in order to integrate the benefits of each pose before moving into the next posture. This class improves strength, flexibility, stamina, and posture, which will enhance well-being and contentment.
Elixir Pilates and Wellness- Mat Pilates
Pilates mat is a focused mind-body exercise to help you center, relieve stress and strengthen your core muscles; abdominals, hips, back, and glutes. The exercises focus on stabilization of the torso and keeping the abs firing while working other muscles groups to create better balance, toning and strength. This is a classical pilates mat class with progressions suitable for all levels.
Super Sculpt Class
This non-impact and low aerobic workout tones and sculpts your body into that lean and mean look. Weights, body bars, bands, balls, gliders, and more are used to strengthen and tone your entire body.
Step Aerobics Class
This is high-energy class is 30-40 minutes of aerobic step combinations, followed by some toning work and stretching. A great fat burner.
LIVE LOCAL DINES EVENT at THE OFFICE
Thurs, January. 9th – 5pm to 7pm
7000 W 38th Ave in Wheat Ridge
Come join Live Local Wheat Ridge and check out the newest restaurant/sports bar on Ridge at 38!
Enjoy happy hour drink specials extended to 7 p.m., 1/2 off happy hour appetizer menu, door prizes including a free pint of beer and connecting with your community!
Plus, bring your receipt back within the next 30 days and receive 15% off entire ticket!
NEW YEARS EVE PARTY starts at 9pm Tuesday….. Bowling , food,party favors and champagne @ midnight !!!!! All for 21 bucks per person !!!!
Hurry up, and they might still have some spots available!
Bring in the New Year with The Office Bar & Lounge. Dave Martinez and Friends will be rockin it out all night long!
If you have ever wanted to know more about the corridor known as Ridge at 38, now is your chance!
Join us for the Launch of Ridge at 38’s brand new website, mobile app, and marketing opportunities for businesses along the corridor.
Drinks, light food and good company are provided.
Join us with your bike for a night of fun.
Santa Claus is coming to town!
Santa and his elves will be flying into the City of Wheat Ridge for the second annual Holiday Celebration on Ridge at 38! Activities will stay cozy inside local businesses and you can stay warm outside as well with some well placed outdoor heaters! Check out where everything is happening on the Event Map !
Activities kick off at 3:00 p.m. and include the following:
- All Night Long…
– Photos with Santa and his Elves: Meet Santa and his elves at the Wheat Ridge Cyclery Workshop. Every child will receive a free photo with Santa courtesy of Blomquist Photography and Mike’s Camera. Parents should bring a cell phone to participate in our mobile line system.
– Live Holiday Music: People can gather to watch holiday-themed performances from such local groups as the Wheat Ridge Chorale, Denver Pro Chorale and the WRHS Cheerleaders/Destination Dance.
– Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides: Enjoy this FREE opportunity to take a horse-drawn carriage ride down 38th Avenue.
– Free Holiday Cheer: FREE hot chocolate, cider and cookies. Santa’s elves will also be passing out FREE light-up candy cane necklaces while supplies last.
– Make S’mores by the Right Coast Pizza Bonfire: Folks are invited to gather round a cozy fire just outside Right Coast Pizza and warm up with tasty s’mores.
– Holiday Crafts and Activities for the Kids: several stocking-making craft stations will be available, a LEGO building table and more arts and crafts activities will be available throughout the event.
– New This Year: Inspired by the Polar Express movie and book, is a trackless train with FREE rides for kids who want to hop on board and bring the holiday classic to life.
– Live Holiday Carolers: Find them strolling up and down 38th Avenue bringing holiday cheer.
– Ridge at 38 Business Specials: Participating businesses will have their doors open, and visitors can enjoy specials on goods, food and drinks throughout the evening.
– ‘Pop-Up’ Artisans Market: Local artisans will be located within existing businesses on Ridge at 38, offering handcrafted, unique and vintage items.
– Holiday Storefront Display Contest: Ridge at 38 businesses will be competing to create the most festive holiday storefront. Download the Ridge at 38 App on Google Play or the Apple App Store to vote!
- At 6:00 PM…
– Official Holiday Tree Lighting: Watch the official tree lighting at the main stage in front of Wheat Ridge 5-8 School on the west end of 38th at 6 p.m. An array of 12,500 LED lights will transform the 25-foot evergreen tree into a spectacular tower of light.
A special thanks goes to the sponsors of the Holiday Celebration on Ridge at 38: Presenting sponsor: Exempla Lutheran Medical Center, Stage sponsor: Wazee Partners LLC, Wheat Ridge Business Association, City of Wheat Ridge, Wheat Ridge 2020, Vinyl Works, Mike’s Camera and the Ridge at 38 Leadership Committee.
A great way to finish up the great Trunk or Treat event on Saturday the 26th of October! The Festivities start at around 7:30 pm and Wheat Ridge Lanes will have beverage specials and their truly awesome shirts as prizes for great costumes!!
Free bowling for the trunk or treat volunteers and 38th ave merchants!
Parents from Trunk or Treat are welcome to bring the kids but please keep in mind that this event is aimed at the adults from Trunk or Treat!
Bring your kids out to trick or treating in safe area with participation from firefighters and police officers. Cars and trucks will be decorated with candy to be distributed to the kids.
Type of event: The goal of this family-friendly, daylong event is to showcase the agricultural heritage and handmade/homemade appeal of the Ridge at 38 district and the entire Wheat Ridge community. Through diverse offerings like cooking demonstrations, an Artisan & Ag Marketplace, and People’s Choice awards for best “Wheat-inspired dish”, “Best Wheat Beer” and “Best Wheat-Free Option”, the event aims to satisfy enthusiasts of all kinds.